Specialisation Course in
LEGAL TRANSLATION ENGLISH LANGUAGE
The Specialisation Course aims to provide the participants conceptual, lexical and methodological skills in English language in order to carry out the translation of legal documents and solve the problems related to the specificity of legal language which could emerge during the translation process.
The target participants of the Course are graduates and professionals with knowledge of English language who wish to specialise or strengthen their skills in legal translation.
Participants’ n.: min. 10
Course’s Duration: 24 hours
Price: € 420,00
Start: 31st May 2019
The training methodology is made up of taught classes closely integrated with the application and practical dimension of exercises and simulations of the translation process.
ORGANISATION OF TEACHING
The Course is made up of 3 days of lessons in classroom/laboratory on Saturday (10:00 – 18:00), for a total of 24 hours.
- Legal Translation in English language: the foundations of legal translation, the Legal English, untranslatability issues on case studies.
- International contracts: analysis and translation of several agreements and corporate documents which are frequently used in international contexts, study of recurring clauses and terminology.
- Translation laboratory: classroom exercises by simulations of the translation process, analysis, review and study of the participant’s works.
The minimum course attendance required is 80% of the total number of hours.
- Learning kit including all the materials used during the lessons
- Materials for exercices and glossaries
At the end of the Course, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance in “Specialisation Course in Legal Translation English Language”.
The Course Registration Form is to be sent to email@example.com.
The Specialisation Course has established a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 25 participants. If the applications exceed 25, they will have to pass a selection step.
For any further information about the application procedure and the Course development, you can address the SSML Nelson Mandela Students Office by calling to +39 0835 334809 or +39 331 1502477 or sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or reaching the institute at via Pasquale Vena 66/C, Matera – from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 1 PM and from 2 PM to 7 PM.